2011 GMC Sierra Electrical Issues

My brother has a 2011 Sierra Denali 2500, and it has been sitting since Thursday as he went out of town for the weekend. Last night upon his return home he turned on the truck and he is having radio issues. The Radio will display a constant Phone Icon on the Screen and the clock and presets will flash onto the screen about every 5 seconds or so, then it immediately goes back to the phone icon. There is no sound coming from the radio, (not sure on reminder chimes), no XM, no Onstar(mirror light is green like the system is ok, but it won't work) all backlights work on the radio, it just doesn't play any music.

I know that this probably belongs in the audio forum, but I figured this might give it more exposure out here, as I'm trying to see about getting an answer quickly as the truck is due to leave on another long trip again shortly....so Ryan if you don't mind, please leave this here for a bit, and if you want to move it over to the Audio forum later on that would be great!!

TSB 11-08-44-003 Generation 9 Onstar/VCIM Failure. Having been there, my first thought. If it starts killing the battery, pull fuse #22 from the I/P fuse box.

Archived