What transmission came in a 2008/5.3 2wd

Someone wants me to tune some stuff on their truck and I am trying to get some of the info ahead of time. Anyone know the answer to this?

scoob,he is tuning it ,,not having it fixed

tricia ,if the tune hurts a componant ,they(cust) take it out (the tune ) and the dealer always warranties it cuz the customer MAY BUY another GM product....

ive been the tech with a tranny apart on my bench with very low milage and abuse is apparent and they warrantied the repair,,,,and then they cut times down etc etc etc

if dealers had more balls to deny warranty ,the auto industry would be in better health...

its bad enough with legit claims

rant off !!

its a 4l60e transmission.you can tell by the shape of the fluid pan..advice-when you're doing a tune up make sure you know what you're working on.from experience

im reasonbly familiar with the 700r4 the 350 and 400 transmissions.especially in the ol 70's and 80's chevy's cause ive owned em.now im learning about the 4l60E(E-lectronic) transmission because i own one

Yes I know how to tune, needed the info for licensing costs. I belive the owned said the truck is out of warranty so he is not worried about. I just need to know for time sake, he is not wanting alot done only to get rid of the speed limiter and to tune some other part throttle things. Originally he only wanted the limiter removed, at this point I am not 100% sure I even want to mess with it.

It is one thing to mess with and tune my stuff, I really am not 100% into the idea of tuning someone elses stuff.

Thanks for the info peeps...Todd

Archived