Anyone interested in Bluestar 2010- replace onstar with bluetooth

Hi all!

I was looking to add bluetooth to my car and I found the Bluestar module which replaces the onstar module. This allows you to have bluetooth capabilities while using the existing onstar equipment. The unit is normally $279. I spoke with Chris from Costartech who said that if 10 people are interested in buying, they will reduce the price to $225. I'm not selling these, I'm just trying to see if we can get a discount from the vendor. I have this posted in the Chevy Cruze forum as well. Check out the company's website to see if this might work for you. I'm including the links below.

http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/bluestar.html

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/56-vendor-group-buy/6628-gauging-interest-bluestar-2010-group-buy.html

I have a BlueStar Unit that I installed in my 2009 Silverado, I purchased it via group buy on Feb 19, 2010. It works just fine and you can tweak it following the instruction guides on the web site. But now I bought the Advent OGM1 which has Parrot Bluetooth built in, so I do not need the BlueStar anymore. If you want to purchase it for $100.00 plus whatever it cost to ship, contact me.

I also have the OEM Radio for sale. Non-Bose, if anybody wants to buy it.

:throwup:[email protected]

I have a BlueStar Unit that I installed in my 2009 Silverado, I purchased it via group buy on Feb 19, 2010. It works just fine and you can tweak it following the instruction guides on the web site. But now I bought the Advent OGM1 which has Parrot Bluetooth built in, so I do not need the BlueStar anymore. If you want to purchase it for $100.00 plus whatever it cost to ship, contact me.

I also have the OEM Radio for sale. Non-Bose, if anybody wants to buy it.

:throwup:[email protected]

BLUESTAR HAS BEEN SOLD......

• 4 weeks later...

I have an 01 Suburban with the obsolete analog Onstar, would any of this fit mine? Have I got any upgrade options? Is it good for anything at all? Can I delete the sucker?

I have an 01 Suburban with the obsolete analog Onstar, would any of this fit mine? Have I got any upgrade options? Is it good for anything at all? Can I delete the sucker?

Check Here; http://www.costartec...s/bluestar.html

Yeah, I saw them. Unless you know where to get the discontinued model...

5. What?s the difference between the BLUESTAR, the BLUESTAR PnP, and the BLUESTAR 2010?

The first generation BLUESTAR was intended for older vehicles (pre-2002) that do not have the white PnP connector. It typically replaced older onstar modules that have RED and BLUE connectors. This unit required a custom harness to interface to the vehicle, but is no longer supported. The PnP version has the same connectors as the onstar module and simply plugs in its place. It came in CLASS2, GMLAN-11, and GMLAN-29 versions. It too has been discontinued. The BLUESTAR 2010 is the newest generation of BLUESTAR product and is universal to work in almost all GM vehicles 2002 and up.

Mine is an 01.

Mmm, Chris at costar says the bluestar 2010 can be hacked for my car; gotta get a post-03 harness out of another truck, I think he said trailblazer, envoy is an easy pick-n-pull just under the passenger (?) seat.

Archived