Bought Nav unit in as is condition off of ebay--recommendations

So as the title says, I picked up an OEM nav unit from a 2010 off of ebay in as is condition. The item description said that he plugged it in, it said theftlock, so he took it out and sold his truck. My question is, what are my options if it is broken. Have any of you had one of these repaired? Can a dealer send it off for repair? I bought a camera source camera and I'm having a GMC dealer install the camera, install the NAV unit and perform all of the programming for 300 bucks, which I thought was a great price. I'm just trying to prepare myself in the event that it's broken. I'd like the dealer to just send it off if that's the case. Do they typically do this? I'm in the Philadelphia area, are there any shops that would repair this? TIA for any advice.

Awesome...so I'm assuming they'd just pop my regular radio back in, and send the nav off...any idea on how long this takes?

You may find the dealer wanting to know where the radio came from or how you ended up with it. I have no idea how police departments work in regards to listing stolen radio/head units, or if they even bother to maintain a listing of them.

You may also find the dealer does not care at all, and they will unlock the radio for you.

Well...it's at the dealer now all getting installed with a backup camera...fingers crossed.....

Archived