Silverado performance

Hey I Wanted to do some performance to my 2000 scsb but don't wanna make it drag truck fast, I was curious on what I could do to my truck like cams, intake, exhaust, headers, programmer any ideas and particular brands that are better if you could help out it'd be greatly appreciated

Well you def just named most of what you can do lol. I'm getting a 220R cam from Texas Speed along with a 3000 stall Yank TC. Also getting LT headers with 14" magnaflows custom dumped before the axle. I already have a Black Bear Performance tune and you should definitely consider that on your high priority list.

What engine doe it have? 4.8 or 5.3? 6.0 swap would be a good, reliable way to acheive more power, but you'll have to either build your 4l60 or swap a 4l80 in there. Your choice, but by far the best mod I've done to mine is a 224 cam, and it'll benefit greatly from a 3200 stall.

Well, how much money are you willing to spend? I put a budget on "upgrades" for the truck to $2,500.00, I still have yet to break the 2k mark but I'm sure I will soon enough. The brands I am using are Texas Speed, Yank, Pace-setter, magnaflow, and a few others that are less performance related and more so just scheduled maintenance.

Well you def just named most of what you can do lol. I'm getting a 220R cam from Texas Speed along with a 3000 stall Yank TC. Also getting LT headers with 14" magnaflows custom dumped before the axle. I already have a Black Bear Performance tune and you should definitely consider that on your high priority list.
are you installing the cam and stall yourself or getting a shop to do it ?

Sent from my smartass iPhone using Tapatalk

are you installing the cam and stall yourself or getting a shop to do it ?

Sent from my smartass iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing it all myself. I'm not sure if you remember a topic I made a month or two ago in the performance section, but I asked alot of questions being that this is my first time installing a cam, luckily my friend has a cherry picker so it should make easy work out of the install.

ls1tech has a good write up on installing a cam. Just take your time and double check everything before you start the truck

Yes and rotate the engine by hand at least twice before starting, just to be sure.

Archived