HELP Door locks, windows. remote start not working now?

Help me out guys...I just installed 2 speakers on the drivers side and after i replaced the front speaker i put the door panel back on and I swear i thought everything worked fine....so i went to the back door and replaced that speaker with no problems....I then went to start my truck and the motor turned over kinda slow 2 or 3 times and then went dead...nothing...I have checked the battery with an amp meter and it is showing 12.8 volts.......the radio,horn,headlights ...all work fine. The remote start does nothing...the power windows do nothing and the power door locks...nothing....when I insert the key and turn it the start up lights light up in display after about 3 or 4 secs ......I am totally lost here guys....HELP

I don't know why changing speakers would cause that, but it sounds like when my BCM fried.

I disconnected my negative battery cable to replace an alternator and belts. After reconnecting the battery terminal I got the same as you. Had to tow it to the dealer and something had supposedly shorted in the BCM so it had to be replaced. $483 to replace & program.

If you're lucky they might be able to reflash your BCM if they can communicate with it - if that ends up being your problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Are you getting any messages when you turn the key on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Body control module. The computer that controls everything that's not the engine and transmission

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I just don't see how speaker replacement can cause this. Does it turn over?

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Your battery might be the culprit. These trucks do funny things with a weak battery

no it does not turn over now....when i finished installing the speakers i tried to start it and the motor turned over 2 or 3 times but was real slow and ever since then it will not even try to turn over

no it does not turn over now....when i finished installing the speakers i tried to start it and the motor turned over 2 or 3 times but was real slow and ever since then it will not even try to turn over

as far as the battery i checked it with an amp gauge and it showed 12.9 volts...but that was the first thing i thought of since battery is almost 6 years old and the doors were open for about 2 or 3 hrs.....but the radio and exterior lights and horn all work fine ......??

no it does not turn over now....when i finished installing the speakers i tried to start it and the motor turned over 2 or 3 times but was real slow and ever since then it will not even try to turn overno it does not turn over now....when i finished installing the speakers i tried to start it and the motor turned over 2 or 3 times but was real slow and ever since then it will not even try to turn over

When I installed a radio I had not started my truck for a while and used my dome light my truck is a 2007 stock battery it doesnt have your options but the it did the same thing when I went to start it I thought I f'd up I put a jump kit on it and it fired right up. My dash went nuts and even without the key was messed up. Try the easy first charge your battery.

i tried to jump it with a instant start but it did nothing,,I now have a trickle charger on it ,,,,,gona let it charge all night and try it tomorrow...will give updates after that..thanks for all the input

I used an instant start its probably something else. Hopefully you get someone else's input good luck and keep us updated.

Archived