Lowering an AWD Sierra Denali. Any Problems?

I am looking to lower my 08 Sierra Denali AWD, and I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I've heard changing the right height of an AWD truck may cause vibrations. I am thinking of doing a 2/4 inch drop. Anybody had any or know of any problems with this? Side note: My plans are to use lowering springs up front and drop shackles and block removal in the rear. Probably just going to run stock shocks if they will still fit.

Not sure about AWD, but there are a few 4x4 guys with 4/6 drops. Our body style of trucks sit up so darn high a 2 inch drop is almost unnoticeable.

I would recommend drop spindles vs. springs.

08GMC007_zpsa2a49b0e.jpg
08GMC006_zps92099294.jpg
08GMC008_zpsa9e8448c.jpg

Edited by DoMDrty

PM NORCAL SS. He does a lot of drops. He does a lot of AWD Silverado SS's. Here is a link to his profile

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/user/110073-norcal-ss/

I see you have one post. You need to have I think 5 or 10 posts to PM someone. I sent him a PM on another site to look at this thread.

Edited by chawkins6789

The 4wd guys wouldn't have a problem with vibration because on the highway your front drive section is not engaged. On my AWD it is always engaged, so I am worried about what the change in pinion angles up front will do. I agree with you on the springs, also. I might even just go with the belltech adjustable struts up front, since i need new shocks and struts anyway, and keep the stock springs.

I want to do 2/4, but I already have 2" belltech drop schackles in the rear to level the truck. Just checking prices, my cheapest route is belltech lowing struts up front to lower it 2", just the leaf spring flip brackets to drop the rear 2 more inches (if I can get those by themselves), and then belltech sp shocks in the back. Then I will end up with a 2/4 drop and new belltech shocks front and rear. But I don't want to scrifice the ride if the lowering struts set to -2" are going to make the front to stiff.

Spindles wont screw your ride. The suspension remains the same. He knows what he is doing with AWD trucks. He does Silverado SS's and Trailblazer SS's all day long. I would go along with his suggestions and being a forum member he may cut you a little deal on it. A lot of guys on another forum I'm on buy their stuff from him

ok heres the issue with the trucks different ones used different front springs. Some of the trucks 07 up ive seen sit 3/4 inch higher than others due to the springs they used at the plant.

Heres what i do on all the kits i install before anything

1) measure from ground to fenderlip in rear

2) make sure you still have the lifting block in rear still in

Tell me that and I can dial in the exact kit you should go with. For 2 inches in front id roll the belltech spindles

Here is my new escalade 2.75 drop front (spindles and my custom strut mod) and rear cromoly control arms and beltech kit with djm swaybar no issues at all

20120916_125433.jpg

ok, here's what I got. 36.5" in the front, 37.75" in the rear. I already have Belltech 2" drop shackles in the rear to level the truck (As you can see it really didnt level it). Ultimately, I want to end up with about a 2/4 drop with new struts and shocks front and rear (I still have the stock shocks and I have 115,000 on the truck). I am going to upsize my wheels to 22" with 285/45 tires, and I want to add a sway bar kit to the rear (belltech or DJM, whatever i can find a better deal on). I appreciate your help, Norcal. You seem like you know your stuff, and your trucks look Great!