Open Infotainment Project

its not that simple. the software (allegedly open source) can be downloaded to a usb for updating a module, but I can't specially select those exact versions. We would need to find a vehicle and module combo that currently calls for those files. each group of files would be 1-3 gig approx so would need drop box or ftp

Can you get us any update doesn't matter what version? I will set up a drop box for you if it makes it easier. And if you need I can give you my vin number which has MY14 and navigation

Can you get us any update doesn't matter what version? I will set up a drop box for you if it makes it easier. And if you need I can give you my vin number which has MY14 and navigation

I have lots of vins, but the files produced will be only the latest versions for those vehicles and I believe they are heavily encrypted. I was looking into the possibility of producing a file using a vin and then modifying the file to switch the vin to a different one as desired

I think we are on the right track.. we just need the file that is on the USB drive for the update. Then we can try and decipher it and then change the parameters, modify whatever we want, etc. Then we will have to figure out how to get it back onto a HMI module. Also is there any information or schematics available on your end for the HMI module?

Edited by TR84

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...