2004 Suburban Transmission Shift Linkage Torx Bolts

Getting ready to drop the pan on my 4L60E tranny and the shift linkage needs to be moved out of the way.

Need some assistance w/the torx bolts holding the shift linkage. Sprayed real good with PB Blaster penetrant on the torx bolts and let it sit for an hour. Cannot break them loose. I'm worried if I turn it any harder I am afraid i'll strip them. Actually the back bolt feels like it was stripped slightly (by prior owner).

So need some advice on how to break them loose and how to handle the stripped torx bolt. TIA!

If you can't get them loose, bend the bracket gently out of the way. Are you using the correct size torx?

Does it need to be bent back to its orignal position or will it be fine moved out of the way? Yes, T40 torx.

TIA!

Does it need to be bent back to its orignal position or will it be fine moved out of the way? Yes, T40 torx.

TIA!

Yes, if you really move it a lot. Many just pry it just enough to get the pan out and then leave it that way. It doesn't take much. If you get the Torx out, you can replace them with M8x1.25 thread size bolt. Use a lock washer also

Yes, if you really move it a lot. Many just pry it just enough to get the pan out and then leave it that way. It doesn't take much. If you get the Torx out, you can replace them with M8x1.25 thread size bolt. Use a lock washer also

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

Archived