15 GMC 3500hd ..radio/DVD

Just got my new 3500hd denali dually and the salesman were talking about it plays DVDs. (Front console unit) it has Nav, rear camera, itellink..Now doing my research I don't see where it advertises it plays DVDs. I put DVD It it spits it back out. Will play audio to my videos on phone when connected but no picture. Does anyone know away around this , is it capable of playing DVD like Yukons and just needs software adjusted? Or am I going to have to keep a portable player up front?! ? I'd love to post a pic of my truck but don't know how

I think they play videos. There is a workaround on here in the non-HD Silverado section but it needs an SD card but the audio stops playing whenever you shift out of park.

Did the Yukon have a DVD system in it? I don't think they play DVDs without a separate screen in the vehicle.

• 1 month later...

Could you send me the link I can't find it .

Yes the Yukon that a friend had played dvds but my 3500 is a denali but dosent have rear seat entertainment ..

We can listen to videos when using iphone through USB port but it won't play picture that way either

Archived