Getting close to pulling the trigger on 2015 2500HD

Been away from the site for a while and thought I'd drop back in to get some advice. I'm looking at two 2015 2500HD CC 4x4 (Non Duramax...although I would love the DMax). Both are white Z71 Chevy's one with leather and one without. My 08 has leather but I'm torn on getting leather in the new one or not. Any cons to the cloth seats??

I will not be lifting this truck as I did the 08 but the dealer will work with me on aftermarket wheels. I like the look of black wheels on white trucks but being out of the loop for a while I'm not sure which wheels are hot these days (I know its pretty much personal preference) but any suggestions?? I will probably stay with 18" wheels over the 20's.

Anything I should insist on with the new truck?

I tow a 5-6000 lb bow rider boat and an enclosed 16 ft trailer from time to time but not daily. This won't be a daily driver as I have a company car.

Dealer seems real interested in my 08 Z and said they'd offer top dollar which remains to be seen as its in the shop having ball joints replaced after a near disaster this past weekend. Ball joints broke and truck feel on tire to a tune of 1600.00 repair but luckily no body damage. I'm hoping to get at least 26K for the 08 from the dealer as the lifted 1500's are hot around here and hope to get the new one @43K.

Any way just looking for suggestions and advice as I've gotten the 3/4 ton bug really bad.

I just did a custom order (still waiting, but should be soon) to get exactly what I wanted.

Depending the original rims and what you wanted, the dealer could almost make money on the transaction. (You should price the going rate on ebay). For example, 20" OEM rims (with tires) are listed for $1600 on ebay. And between $700 to $900 for 20" rims (no tires). A set of OEM 17" (useful for snow tires) is around $400.

Archived