2014 sierra nav unit into a 2008 sierra?

Hey guys -

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. My truck is a 2008 Sierra denali and the donor is 2014 sierra denali 2500hd

I can get a good deal on it and my cd player is acting up so I am definitely making a swap.

My question is 1, will it work? 2, is it worth replacing with the newer hard drive style as opposed to aftermarket?

My 08 is a little dated so I am either going to go aftermarket or grab this one. I can get it for $500...seem like a good deal?

Give me your thoughts and experiences, thank you for the help. I haven't actually used the newer style though it looks much better

-Chris

I could be wrong, but I thought all of the 14s had the new 8" Intellilink radios? (someone can correct me if I am wrong). I do not think the 2014 would work correctly in the 08 without a lot of modification and even then, not sure it would program correctly. So, it is probably wouldn't be worth it. If you could find a 2013 hard drive nav that would be plug and play once it was programmed for your vehicle. Your best bet would be to go aftermarket or buy the 14, sell it on ebay and get a 13 OEM nav with the money and have it programmed for your truck.

Hey guys -

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. My truck is a 2008 Sierra denali and the donor is 2014 sierra denali 2500hd

I can get a good deal on it and my cd player is acting up so I am definitely making a swap.

My question is 1, will it work? 2, is it worth replacing with the newer hard drive style as opposed to aftermarket?

My 08 is a little dated so I am either going to go aftermarket or grab this one. I can get it for $500...seem like a good deal?

Give me your thoughts and experiences, thank you for the help. I haven't actually used the newer style though it looks much better

-Chris

This will not work without adaptors and a lot of work- all GM factory navi units since 2012 have used the single 44 pin plug on the radio while the 2007-11 units had the same 4 plug arrangement that you have on your truck (your truck may only have two plugs though).

The question is why would you want a factory navi when you're going to spend more than doing an aftermarket plug and play unit that does WAY more than the factory navi?

Take a look at the Car Show GM-1210 and you'll see that it makes the factory radio look pretty lame by comparison...

Archived