9012 LED bulb????

I know LED headlights have been talked about so much, but has anyone tried these 9012 LED bulbs?

http://www.xenondepot.com/9012-LED-headlight-kit-p/9012-led-hl.htm

I know 9006 bulbs work with minor modifications, however dont have the same output as 9012 bulbs. So I've been trying to find a 9012 LED bulb and came across these?

Just wondering if people are running them and having good luck wih them and if the light output is good. They say 2500LMS which is better than any 9006 bulb...what's other pp's opinions??

I know LED headlights have been talked about so much, but has anyone tried these 9012 LED bulbs?

http://www.xenondepot.com/9012-LED-headlight-kit-p/9012-led-hl.htm

I know 9006 bulbs work with minor modifications, however dont have the same output as 9012 bulbs. So I've been trying to find a 9012 LED bulb and came across these?

Just wondering if people are running them and having good luck wih them and if the light output is good. They say 2500LMS which is better than any 9006 bulb...what's other pp's opinions??

I actually just put these in over the weekend and they are awesome!!! i posted some pictures on the headlight and build forum

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156233-halogen-led-headlight-bulb-upgrades/

If you have any questions let me know!

the rest of the reviews say the light output is great, but fitmint is alittle off. So if that is the case, I can modify them a bit aslong as the light output is worth the price.

How did your install go KKMitchell5?? Did you have problems with tabs and or the O-Ring?

I think the light out put is excellent. Mine fit great no problems what so ever. I did notice a couple things. The tabs on the led light are just smaller, the bottom tab on stock bulb is larger then the other 2 tabs. On the led the bottom tab is smaller then the other 2 tabs so you just have to make sure it is lined up properly so it fits snug as it should , and it does. Also with heat sink you just have to spread them out well and tuck them back good because the area to fit everything is smaller then it seems, but everything fits well under the housing cap.

what's other pp's opinions??

Mine is: don't waste your time or money. LED bulbs are useless and provide laughable output at best. I'm sure others will be quick to say I'm wrong. Go look at lighting forums and you'll see. LED bulbs are as much of a joke as the PnP HID kits.

EDIT: Corrected spelling, etc.

Mine is: don't waste your time or money. LED bulbs are useless and provide laughable output at best. I'm sure other will be quick to say I'm wrong. Go look at lighting forums and you'll see. LED bulbs as much of a joke as the PnP HID kits.

+1! Any legit lighting forum blasts these things. I bought the OPT7 LED's for my Silverado at the recommendation of others here and the performance was awful. The cutoff wasn't terrible. But there was tons of foreground illumination and not as much further out as my H9 halogens. The foreground brightness actually blinds you and keeps you from seeing what you need to see, but many just see the crazy brightness and say they're great ignoring the control and light dispersion.. (Note this was with reflectors which others in the thread had)

I've since bought LTZ lamps and FZ-R projectors for a true retrofit.

Archived