jrob56's - 2014 Silverado LTZ Blue Granite 5.3

jrob56

Hey guys, going to be a slow build but Ill post my progress as I go over the years. Ive done similar things with previous LS cars and always seems cool to see the evolution.

I bought the truck from my father-in-law instead of him trading it in. Before that I had an 02 F150 that I loved. Ill add a pic of that for reference. I dont want to void my warranty so Ill be tayloring mods around that. Since bumper to bumper is out means appearance and suspension are open. Any drive train, performance mods, or tuning will have to wait till it expires after 5 years. I only dirve about 10k miles a year so I wont hit the 100k mile limit.

Here is the truck as I got it and the couple add ons it had:

2014 Silverado Blue Granite 5.3 3.42 Black Leather with 41k miles

Soft Tonneau cover

Line-X bed liner

Modifications I have added:

High Country Grille from Rydell Surplus

Plasti-Dip front and rear bowties

Catch Can from Elite Engineering

The day I brought it home!

QiqQtlT.jpg

First mod was the High country grille from Rydell Surplus, great deal on the grille and quick service and shipping.

pRIb4Mp.jpg

Ca7sNAk.jpg

mzxr1C2.jpg

The next day I spent Plati-Diping the front and rear bowties.

jybNdqr.jpg

X6M9Vht.jpg

8qCEBDu.jpg

Edited by RyanbabZ71

Last night I recieved and installed my Elite Engineering catch can. Nice piece and I just bought the standard can. I didnt really like the mounting on the brake booster, it rubbed a line and seemed like it would be harder to empty so I went with the windshield washer location.

Q9IRhJZ.jpg

W8Mkm9M.jpg

A6xdzso.jpg

tWI64pP.jpg

Edited by jrob56

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the feedback guys! So I cant edit old posts, so those reserved spots are useless haha. Highly recommend all the mods below, all had great fitment, and installed in no time at all.

Added from Christmas:

Center Console Organizer

Driver Side Grab Handle

Husky WeatherBeater floor mats

WeatherTech No Drill Splash Guards

RvsmMOr.jpg

Xzgy80A.jpg

bW8jVOJ.jpg

WOheUBX.jpg

2hFT5pL.jpg

DYeBmy8.jpg

wHruReU.jpg

Edited by jrob56

Great looking truck! I added the WeatherTech No Drill Splash Guards over Christmas as well. Very happy with them.

I am adding Mods similar to you - avoiding voiding the warranty.

Thanks, never had any guards on my trucks but rocks were eating rear fender. Thought they wouldn't look good, but ended up looking pretty nice and blending in with the truck well.

I think timing will work out right with the warranty. I only want to tune for wheels and tires and looks like they will run out about when powertrain warranty is up or close. There might be stuff sitting in garage waiting to go on haha.

Thanks, never had any guards on my trucks but rocks were eating rear fender. Thought they wouldn't look good, but ended up looking pretty nice and blending in with the truck well.

I think timing will work out right with the warranty. I only want to tune for wheels and tires and looks like they will run out about when powertrain warranty is up or close. There might be stuff sitting in garage waiting to go on haha.

Agreed. I never thought my first mod on my truck would be guards, never had them either and didn't think they would look great. But after reading some horror stories on here about peoples paint chipping, and being that my in-laws live down a gravel road in the country, I decided I needed them. Very happy with the price, functionality, and look of 'em in the end!

This is my first new vehicle - drove an '04 Suburban since I was old enough to drive and recently traded it in for my 2015 1500 base. How's that catch can working out? Would you recommend it?

Agreed. I never thought my first mod on my truck would be guards, never had them either and didn't think they would look great. But after reading some horror stories on here about peoples paint chipping, and being that my in-laws live down a gravel road in the country, I decided I needed them. Very happy with the price, functionality, and look of 'em in the end!

This is my first new vehicle - drove an '04 Suburban since I was old enough to drive and recently traded it in for my 2015 1500 base. How's that catch can working out? Would you recommend it?

Mine was a little late, my father in law that sold it to me worked and lived on gravel and it took its tole behind rear tires. I noticed on the 15+ they added the bedliner looking paint under the paint back there(like the rockers are) but 14s didnt get it. No more chips now though, and Ill touch up what is there and itll be hard to see.

Its working great, caught more than I thought I would about a third of the can the last time I emptied it. Its a watery/oily mix. I have to get some stronger hose for after my check valve. Its sucking hard enough that its semi collapsing hose there.

The can though is great, would highly recommend elite. I got their base can, but if I was doing it over again I would probably get the E2-X after seeing how different that one is internally.

The can though is great, would highly recommend elite. I got their base can, but if I was doing it over again I would probably get the E2-X after seeing how different that one is internally.

Thanks for the advice - I am going to have to consider getting this. My next mod is a level sometime in the next week. But I will look into the catch can now for the mod after the level.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Added 15% tint to match the rear a few week ago and a 2 inch Motofab level over the weekend. Got the level kit for 25 off the For Sale section and 50 bucks for front end alignment. Not bad for 75 total. Ill be watching the development of the Bilstein 6112 to potentially replace the spacer in the future.

Before:

4xcO9aN.jpg

Vg70wrw.jpg

OlAO8gZ.jpg

teJLmPS.jpg

After:

quvYqOC.jpg

WRzfZNb.jpg

tFH8h4C.jpg

lp5G6Pe.jpg

ckCVoTL.jpg

• Like 1