07 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2 stalling / low oil light on / Service tracti

07denada

Question

Advice need badly on this one . so I have my 07 6.2 Denali that possesed with in the last 6 month my dashboard has been light up with Service traction control off , oil psi low shut off engine but never an engine light left on . so just the other day went out of town. now from some reason once the truck is warm up and been running the oil light and services traction control off actually turns off . until the other day about 2 hour drive no-stop , the moment I pulled into a parking lot this truck just dies and would not start but would crank over. only about maybe 30 min later I'm able to get the truck turn on and it had a hard time starting but it was on , I was able to move the truck to a better location but yet again stalls out on me coming to a stop again 30min go by and I'm about to fire it up but yet again it's a hard start. now that it on again I'm able to now get off the street that it left me stranded in and into a parking lot where a repart shop is but there closed :( at this point I realize that it was stalling at low idels . again I get it running but now as long as I keep it above 1000 RPMs it doesn't stall Long story short I get the truck back under hooked up to a PCM ra Long story short I get the truck back under hooked up to a DTC and it say p0011 intake camshaft position sensor , so I pulled a camshaft sensor replaced it take it for test drive still stalls the next thing I do I pull the throttlebody off and notice it's very oily cleaning the cleaning throttle body and intake manifold not touching the butterfly valves got all nice and cleaned up but the throttlebody back on turn on the truck it fires up now I take it for test drive the stalls but now it stalls not as easy as it did prior and almost fought the good fight before a nic now I take it for test drive it stalls but now it stalls not as easy as it did prior it almost fought the good fight before it dies. has anyone have any experience knowledge direction I can go anything I'm at a loss :( thanks you for your time

2 answers to this question

07denada

Have you been able to figure out this problem?  I know it’s been over 2 years but I have the same vehicle and the same problem.   We’ve been trying to figure it out for over a year now but can’t get the car to act up when we take it to the mechanic. We had three different mechanics look at it but none of them can figure it out. Your description of what happened is identical to what we’ve been experiencing. The only difference is our started acting up after the vehicle was involved in a minor accident causing about $8000 of damage.    Our vehicle drives around town and short trips just find it when we get on the highway and drive it for an hour or longer at highway speed‘s then when we come to a stop and idol it will sometimes start to cough sputter and die.   It will not want to start again for anywhere from five minutes to an hour and a half.    Because my mechanic said it had to be either Spark or fuel issue I purchased and carry with me all the time a fuel pressure gauge and a spark plug tester. Just yesterday when this happened I was able to check and confirm that the vehicle has both spark and fuel pressure. The only other issue it could be is timing. I was able to check the codes and the same code you have was in the system.    The search of that code on the Internet is what brought me to your post.   I’ve already spent over $2000 trying figure this problem out. I was assured by mechanic that was the fuel pump which we replaced twice now.    The random messages from the computer system lead me to believe it’s got to be computer related. Just yesterday while driving vehicle I checked the engine oil life percentage as it read 51%. Then after the stall  and restart as we were traveling down the highway I checked the engine oil life and it now read 99%. I didn’t reset anything regarding the engine oil life calculator. An hour or so later in our drive the stability track notification went off informing us to service the traction control. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.