My experiance with the Range and Autoanything

last truck

A little back history on my experience with my 2016 NHT, I ordered a Range AFM killer from Autoanything the day I bought the truck knowing I wanted to kill that AFM crap. I called Autoanything and inquired about the version they had in stock knowing I needed the latest version to avoid problems and was assured they had the latest version in stock. I then inquired with their not so experienced online chat help and again was assured I would get the latest version of the Range. I went ahead and ordered it, when I received it I installed it and it worked fine for about 5 weeks then bam the truck won't start, flashing warning in the DIC saying something about power steering, unplugged the Range and it starts up and plug it back in to clear the code, she works. Now the thing starts doing this about once a week and I am getting pissed at Range after the 5th time, after a few emails with Range I find out I have a version 7.7 not the version 7.8 the new trucks with electric power steering requires. Now I email autoanything about my problem and get a response to call their customer service and they will take care of the problem. I call get a lady who has little customer care skills and knows less about the Range and after 15 minutes on hold she tells me it is past the 30 return period and I am out of luck, we argue over the fact they assured me I would get the latest version and didn't and the call is ended with me unhappy and feeling like I just got screwed big time. Lesson learned Autoanything does not care about their customers and Range does since they will upgrade me to version 7.8 for free but I have to send it in with prepaid return shipping, so I will be out about 20 bucks, Autoanything has lost a customer who has spent a couple grand over 20 bucks, nice work guys. I have a problem with vendors who know less about what they sell than their customers.

Rant over, buyers beware.

I see a lot of complaints on AutoAnything on line, but I think that you really have to be aware of the true situation when dealing with these type of people. These are just worker bees sitting in their little (probably honeycomb shaped) cubicles that know nothing about car parts, they only know what pops up on their little computer screen. Hard to find the old grizzled grumpy guy that owned the local auto parts store that knew just about everything about cars and could talk to you for a few minutes and then sell you the exact part that you need whether you had enough sense to know it or not LOL.

Actually interesting you brought this up. I too ordered the Range from autoanything. Box looked like it was used already, not even sealed etc. I just thought whatever, as long as it works. Plugged it in, drove to the mall fine. Got out, tried to fire up the truck and light show like you had with no start. Unplugged the Range and started right up. Didn't even know about the different version issues. I had returned it and haven't ordered anything since.

Ordered an intune from them and then Realized I used an old address so I called as soon as they opened and was told they would try to change it. Got an email later on that they cancelled it. Now I wait for a refund to order again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

I've ordered quite a bit from AA and always been satisfied. Never technical stuff though - tonneau covers, etc.

The question is, did you order "the latest version," or did you order "version 7.8?"

You may have some responsibility here, just saying.

Archived