Seat Belt - Recoiling

I called and asked today. Not covered. Even the extended warranty wouldn't cover it. $430 for them to replace just the retractor, not the belt. Seems like a crock of shit to me especially since it's a safety issue.

Anything?

Whoops, forgot to send an update. I had to cancel the appointment as I had an early morning call for work.

I might be trading the beast in, so I might not have an answer. But I will update if so.

• 3 weeks later...

I realized both the rear side belts were doing this on my 2014 Sierra. Looks same as pic OP posted. I just had truck in for a list of items, including these slow retracting seat belts. Service Advisor said on phone that Technician noted the belts eventually retract (they don't - even days later) and have same performance as new vehicles on lot. When I picked it up today, I ask Service Advisor to show me a new truck with this problem. He leads me to showroom floor. Opens rear pass door, grabs a handful of rear shoulder belt, yanks it below the door jam, lets go. Seat belt retracted FAST!! He tried it again. Same thing. He goes to rear driver's side, does same deal, even yanked the belt to the ground and seat belt retracted nearly as fast as rear pass side. Shuts door, and says "well, I'll see If I can get the new belts here by your appointment next Friday" (they need to finish seat belt recall on driver's front - trim piece hasn't come in). This was after he'd said the Service Manager denied the replacement. BTB Warranty expires 6/1, but I'm holding them to the fire on this.

I'll repost when the fix is in.

• 2 weeks later...

Right and left rear shoulder belts/retractors (it's a complete assembly) have been replaced now under warranty. Belts retract as they should. That is the good news. Bad news is the service technician gouged up the trim panel that covers right belt assembly. Dealer is going to order part and replace on their dime. The inconvenience sucks though. Anyways, I'm happy the rear belts retract as they should.

Edited by Bowtiejunkie
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have a 2014 Silverado and the front driverside seatbelt will NOT recoil I have to feed it back in...Also the lap part of the seatbelt locks up when I’m strapped in.

Im having so many problems with this truck. I will NOT purchase Chevy again that’s for sure.