Cosmetic bumper repair

Come out to my truck from doing a little grocery shopping to find that someone hit my front bumper and didn't bother leaving a note. It's not very bad but just trying to get some ideas on what the best method is to removing the white paint left from the car that hit my bumper. Thanks for all the help!

I would try a clay bar first followed by polishing compound. If that doesn't work, you may need to go with 2000 grit wet sand and then repolish.

Oh, and be careful not to burn through your paint.

I have fixed this problem many times. Buy a product called "Goof Off". You can get it at Wal-Mart, some auto parts stores, some department stores, etc. If is an incredible solvent that will remove just about anything from your paint..... without damaging your actual vehicle paint. I have used it to remove paint scuffs many many times. Also works on pitch, glue from stickers, overspray, etc. You pour some on a rag, wipe the rag over the paint scuff, and POOF! The paint comes right off leaving the original paint in perfect shiny clean condition. This stuff is even safe on clear coat. No idea how it works, but it does.

b0ea8894-0f15-4d19-aa97-af8f0c4e6954_1.3

Archived