GM toolbox

Wasn't sure where this would fit, so I put it here.

I resurrected a beat GM aluminum crossover toolbox that was probably purchased around 2012. It's out of a company truck, so it doesn't have to be pretty...

Someone removed the support struts, and they damaged the lock and left paddle handle trying to pry it open (in which they succeeded). I was able to straighten the paddle handle and the left handle hole, riveted the handle back in place...see pictures. That part turned out ok.

I'd like to replace the struts and the lock. Obviously, GM didn't build it. Who is the underlying manufacturer, DeeZee?0515b3073ab867b53890c1796835a010.jpg798eb75951ddb3b160c7f685b75b9f5e.jpg51b20d946c7e403f691963175a397cfd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I wonder, since the part number is still available through GM if they might have either the struts and locks or the mfr information you need.

Start by calling your local GMC/Chevy dealer's parts dept?

I'd go to a fabrication shop that specializes in truck bodies and parts or even boats! They work with this type of hardware on a regular basis and will be able to help you out. I've had similar looking boxes in my past three trucks but all have been manufactured locally.

Thanks for the replies...

I did a little searching on Amazon for DeeZee locks and the first thing that popped up was the lock cylinder I needed. $10 shipped.

The struts were a little more difficult, I found the right length, but not DeeZee. It is a guess because the old ones, and their associated hardware, have been removed. I took a chance and ordered two struts and ball studs. I should be able to make it work with a little measuring. Another $25.

So in all, I spent $35 on the box, which was probably close to $700 new/installed, and has a current value of about $25!

In other news, I had it working perfectly on stands and it wouldn't latch installed in the truck. I'm guessing it was warped and I stretched it during the install, took a little more tweaking to get it right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived