2002 2500hd 6.0L 2" lift questions...

Typical questions I'm sure but... I have 160k miles on my 2002. Going to do bushings, ball joints, and do a proper 2" lift removing the blocks the PO put in. He turned the keys all the way up and put blocks in the back. [emoji849]

I'm thinking tuff country 2" lift with shock relocation mounts in front, add a leaf in the back (removing blocks), and new keys in the front.

Questions:

1. If I am doing ball joints and bushings do I need to install the offset ones for extra castor/camber for just 2" lift? Or will stock MOOG replacements work?

2. SX8000 tuff country shocks any opinions? I need new ones anyhow... they are $175 for all 4. I can get KYB's gr2's for $90 after rebate... Also I know some like the Rancho's etc...

3.) it looks like I can get a set of springs and keys cheaper off eBay and already have the tools needed... any benefit to purchasing from a lift country for just a small 2" lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm circling back around on this project...

A friend gave a set of 1-3" front keys and adjusted shock mounts. I compared the new shock mounts and they look the same. Before I take the keys out I'm curious...

If I have 2" lift blocks in the back, can the stock keys be turned up far enough to level the truck? The current keys are turned up to max torsion/height...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived