1a auto problems

So I bought 600$ tow mirrors from 1aauto and managed to crack the passenger mirror glass. I thought no big deal all the company sell glass, right? Wrong not 1aauto. They gave me a huge run around only to tell me i was on a wait list for the replacement glass (I was told 2-3 weeks). I emailed them yesterday for an update and was told there was no such wait list and they just dont sell glass for these mirrors and other tow mirror glass isnt the same as these dont have directionals built into the glass. They did say however that they would be happy to sell me another 600$ set. Buyer beware! Buy from eBay, Amazon, or boost.

• 1 month later...

I have dealt with 1aAuto before on two separate transactions. My last transaction was a passenger side mirror glass for a heated turn signal mirror. I was very happy with the price, as it was even cheaper than eBay or Amazon. The quality seemed "ok" , just not quite as good as OEM glass. But I guess I should expect that for the price I paid. The only thing that irked me was the two spade terminals on glass for the heater element. They were the same width as the terminals on the OEM glass, but they were paper thin compared to the originals. The female spade connectors would not even stay on because they were that much thinner. I had to end up getting a pair or pliers and basically squeeze the terminal shut in order for it to have enough tension to stay clipped onto the male spade. They should have noted that extra step in the paperwork. Or at least mention that you "may" need to squeeze the terminals in order for them to stay clipped on. But other than that fairly minor issue, I am satisfied with my purchase and still a year later the mirror glass looks great and the heated mirrors still function fine as well. This glass was for a 03-06 GM truck by the way. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Tony. While the different sized spades did irk me a bit, it wasn't enough of an issue for me to call anyone about it or try to return it. I simply squeezed the spade connectors shut with pliers so that they would actually grip the much thinner spade terminals, and all was good. It's been almost three years now since I bought that mirror glass and it's still working perfectly fine. 

Archived