New 2018 Traverse LT Cloth AWD

Hey all, 

Just picked up an 18 LT cloth Traverse for my wife in Graphite Metallic. Only about 80 miles on it now. I've driven it twice. 

First impressions:

Gobs of space. I feel that I'm sitting further forward than the previous generation Traverse. In turn, that appears to have opened up some room in the passenger compartment. Also, that means that I'm hearing the engine more than before. 

There's USB power EVERYWHERE. 2 ports on the center stack under the HVAC controls, these also provide Data to the infotainment system. Two ports on the rear of the center console for 2nd row power. Our Traverse came equipped with 1 universal powered tablet holder, which adds 2 USB ports to the middle passenger side seat. 3rd row seats have 1 USB port on each side of the vehicle built into the trim. 

9 speed auto shifts flawlessly, need to get used to more gears. 

Standard power liftgate is nice, we did not get the foot motion activated system.

Keyless start is standard. Key fob is proximity based, so you can unlock you vehicle without clicking a button. 

Passenger middle seat can be folded forward with a child safety seat installed for access to the 3rd row. 

Auto Stop/Start is rather annoying. Rather not have this feature. 

Let me know if you have questions about the new Traverse. 

On 12/8/2017 at 4:41 PM, newdude said:

Trick to the stop start.  Put the transmission in L and set the gears to 9.  It will drive exactly as it would in D but it will deactivate the stop/start. 

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. 

Just had a 50 mile trip, all highway. verified on the information center 25mpg in FWD mode. pretty happy with this. Previous Traverse would only get 20mpg. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 1:41 PM, newdude said:

Trick to the stop start.  Put the transmission in L and set the gears to 9.  It will drive exactly as it would in D but it will deactivate the stop/start. 

Doing this will disable the GM Automatic Engine Grade Braking so I would not do this if you live in an area with hills or in snow. This feature works incredibly well and coordinates fuel to the engine with the transmission shift points and torque converter locking. Fuel is cut to the engine to maximize engine braking and this function is disabled in ERS mode as strykerG8 suggests doing.

Archived