Clock spring removal?

Does anyone know how to remove the clockspring? It looks like theres a retainer ring holding it on that has 2 small holes, potentially to separate it to remove it? Is there a tool for it? My truck was in a wreck and Im rebuilding it and have to replace both the clock spring and airbag.

Ill try to get a photo this afternoon of the retainer ring.

14 minutes ago, lagerman72 said:

Pick up some circlip/snap ring pliers.  They're made to pop that off and then once your connectors are unplugged (possibly two under dash) your clock spring will just slide off.

Thanks! Thats what I was thinking but the ring isnt shaped like a typical snap ring so I wasnt sure.

Is there a spring under the clock spring? A guy I talked to said Ill need some kind of puller/spreader to put it back on. I didnt see one when looking at it last night but it was dark so I don't know.

2 minutes ago, mavrik2747 said:

Thanks! Thats what I was thinking but the ring isnt shaped like a typical snap ring so I wasnt sure.

Is there a spring under the clock spring? A guy I talked to said Ill need some kind of puller/spreader to put it back on. I didnt see one when looking at it last night but it was dark so I don't know.

No spring under there to surprise you and it will just slide back on, nothing to it really.

Archived