6.2L camshaft position sensor removal

apollo18

Question

2007 escalade 6.2L, i got the 3 bolts on holding the camshaft position sensor bracket, and then i applied some penetrating oil to get the CPS to start wiggling side to side, but I cant seem to get it out, ive tried pulling it out with vice grips and pliers but it doesnt seem to want to come out. i guess the rubber o ring keeps it in there good.

any tips

4 answers to this question

Long, needle-nosed pliers - position the end of the jaws on the metal bracket,  then find something to pivot the pliers on to yank the thing out. Sometimes you have to do it the opposite way - put the sensor most of the way down into the pliers, then pivot off the tips. Longer pliers will give you the needed leverage - makes it alot easier. Must be done under the vehicle, of course.

Thanks for the reply. I got the metal bracket off and out of the way, it moved downwards so I now I can make direct contact. I tried to grab with needle nose pliers but it loses grip, I even tried with vice grips. Those hold on good but it doesn't move. It seems like I can get best access from the top of the engine, there's a lot of space there. The vice grips make great contact but I guess I have to pivot

Is it ok to try from the top? Or have to be from bottom

thanks