295/70 R18

I have 3.5" of lift (2" level from the king coilovers and 1.5" body lift), and have not tried your exact size but I put 285/75/18's on my stock wheels and I have slight rub from the outside diameter when turned in reverse.  I have plenty of room to the control arms at full lock with the tire width.  Now with a wider but smaller diameter tire, I think it will be really close to the same as what I'm running for diameter fitment in the wheel wells.  With just a bit more lift this would easily work without rub, and I'm turning my preload down on my kings 1/2" to do it.  

my size is first, yours is second

Diameter inches (mm) 34.83 (884.7) 34.26 (870.2) -0.57 (-14.5) -1.6%
Width inches (mm) 11.22 (285) 11.61 (295) 0.39 (10) 3.5%
Circum. inches (mm) 109.42 (2779.37) 107.63 (2733.81) -1.79 (-45.55) -1.6%
Sidewall Height inches (mm) 8.42 (213.75) 8.13 (206.5) -0.29 (-7.25) -3.4%
Revolutions per mile (km) 579.03 (359.79) 588.68 (365.79) 9.65 (6) 1.7%

If you have heard yes and no why would this thread be any different? When it is that close of a fit if one person says a 295/70/18 doesn't rub yet another person says it does what does a new thread bring to the table? You still have two people saying two different things, are they going to say something different in a new thread? There are so many variables even down to build tolerances from the truck to the tire themselves and the suspension company and geometry. Best is to just search all the threads, gather all the info you can and make a decision that best fits what you think will work as there will not be a right or wrong answer. With something so subjective with so many parameters that matter in the measurements that is the way to get an answer, not a new thread...

Tyler

Tyler,  the yes and no answers didn't come from a thread, more from shops.  I would rather take the word from someone that had installed and knows if they will or not. But thank you.  

Check custom wheel offsets gallery to see if someone is running your setup.  You can search by specific lift, tire size, etc...  they usually have aftermarket wheels in their galleries but I have seen some silverados with lifts and stock wheels on there.

On 5/22/2018 at 1:21 PM, Tracks01 said:

This is great info. So you believe with the set up in trying to achieve, a 295/70 R18 should work out well with 5in lift then.  I think that's what your trying to say...

that's what I'm saying.  I think at turn, your end to end is going to be very close to mine, and mine doesn't rub with the King's preload at 3/4" (2.75" coilover lift + 1.5" body lift).  The only thing I don't know for certain is the wider tire rubbing on the control arm at full lock, but when test fitting I had what looked like over 1" of room at full lock to the control arm with a 10.8" wide tire.

To address the differences from one to another, I had read that stock wheels with 285/75/18's fit perfectly without any rub at 3.5" lift, and saw a couple on the custom wheel offsets gallery this way.  I found that to be incorrect.  I did a bit of trimming to the liner and zip tied it back, still had slight rub at turn in reverse.  

Well I have two new full sets here. 285/65 R18 and the 295/70R18's.  

One set is being returned after I figure it out. The 5" lift I'm installing this weekend.  I'll probably have to mount one of the bigger tires and see how it works out. I'll probably lose on returning that one but I'll sell it on eBay if it doesn't fit. I'm okay with trimming some liner and tying it back. I'm just not okay with trimming metal, not on such a new truck.  Thanks for all the info, it's going to have to be trial and error from here on out.  I'll definitely post it on here if they do fit with a 5 inch Rough Country suspension lift.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after all that, yes, 295/70/R18 Nitto Grapplers AT's do fit on a new body style Silverado 1500 ( I have a 2016)

I put 1/4in spacers on both front and rear because they looked close to the sway bar on full lock .

I'll be changing over the 3.42's to 4.10's this weekend because the larger tire does rob the power off the start.  I tow a boat so I need the torque.  Hope this puts the tire size thing to rest now.