2017 Silverado Lift Kit Questions

Hello!

This is my first post here. I'm on my second truck ever, the first was a 1988 Chevy S10 that was given to me by my father. In November i purchased a brand new 2017 Silverado 1500 Double Cab, LT Z71.

I must say, its very nice, but that forward lean really bugs me! So i started looking into lift kits and found i could just level it and i'd get a bit of a lift out of that. But i'd still like it lifted a little so i can fit at least 33's on there (that'll be another post, i have no clue what im doing when it comes to rims and tires! ugg...). In the process of looking around for lift and leveling kits, i found this Motofab (CH-3F-2R) lift kit on Amazon which gives a 3 inch lift in the front and 2 in the rear for $125. I was shocked at first because of the price, the ones i had seen before were $700+! 

I had done the measurements from the floor to the middle of the front and rear fenders and found a 2 inch difference (hopefully i did that right?) and so my first question, will i really notice a difference with this lift kit only being 1 inch above the rear instead of 2? The pictures other buyers posted looked good but that hardly says anything for how it will be in person. The second question is when i looked at the bad reviews (there werent many), they were talking about how its pushing the control arms to the limit, specifically the upper one. I dont know squat about this stuff, im barely getting into it, but should i be worried? Should I get new upper control arms? Should i get new upper and lower?

I'm assuming that there are limits if i dont replace the control arms. Maybe i cant go off-roading because it might break something by not having the properly sized control arms for the 3 inch lift, and if thats the case, what about bumps and potholes in the road? What risks am i running here if i go with this kit, or should i run far far away? I dont have much money for this.

Edited by PMad
Updated Title

6 minutes ago, PMad said:

Hello!

This is my first post here. I'm on my second truck ever, the first was a 1988 Chevy S10 that was given to me by my father. In November i purchased a brand new 2017 Silverado 1500 Double Cab, LT Z71.

I must say, its very nice, but that forward lean really bugs me! So i started looking into lift kits and found i could just level it and i'd get a bit of a lift out of that. But i'd still like it lifted a little so i can fit at least 33's on there (that'll be another post, i have no clue what im doing when it comes to rims and tires! ugg...). In the process of looking around for lift and leveling kits, i found this Motofab (CH-3F-2R) lift kit on Amazon which gives a 3 inch lift in the front and 2 in the rear for $125. I was shocked at first because of the price, the ones i had seen before were $700+! 

I had done the measurements from the floor to the middle of the front and rear fenders and found a 2 inch difference (hopefully i did that right?) and so my first question, will i really notice a difference with this lift kit only being 1 inch above the rear instead of 2? The pictures other buyers posted looked good but that hardly says anything for how it will be in person. The second question is when i looked at the bad reviews (there werent many), they were talking about how its pushing the control arms to the limit, specifically the upper one. I dont know squat about this stuff, im barely getting into it, but should i be worried? Should I get new upper control arms? Should i get new upper and lower?

I'm assuming that there are limits if i dont replace the control arms. Maybe i cant go off-roading because it might break something by not having the properly sized control arms for the 3 inch lift, and if thats the case, what about bumps and potholes in the road? What risks am i running here if i go with this kit, or should i run far far away? I dont have much money for this.

Screenshot_20180523-213757_Chrome.jpg

This is a system that I looked at as far as what make it is what they include the price installation Etc it even tells you what the maximum tire size would be based on the system you buy this companies located in Kansas City Independence Missouri. At least look at their website and they have a lot of information that might help you. I am in the same boat as you are just learning this stuff and will be in touch with them since this is my area and pick their brains but they are really good people to work with

8 hours ago, KJS Sullivan said:

This is a system that I looked at as far as what make it is what they include the price installation Etc it even tells you what the maximum tire size would be based on the system you buy this companies located in Kansas City Independence Missouri. At least look at their website and they have a lot of information that might help you. I am in the same boat as you are just learning this stuff and will be in touch with them since this is my area and pick their brains but they are really good people to work with

Thanks for the info KJS. I'm still looking around too. I'm a bit torn on exactly what i want, 18's or 20's... 33's or 35's... Level, 3", 5" lift.. i dunno... That lift kit you posted is ridiculously expensive, not sure i want to spend that much on it.