2001 2500 HD. What should my leaf spring set up look like?

This is my current leaf spring setup on my 2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD. It rides a little smoother than my 2003 Silverado 2500 HD did. It has the classic bump in the back when I start and stop. If you put it in gear and hold the brake while giving it gas you can see the leaf springs clunk together.  I’ve checked it over, fixed a broken transmission mount but it didn’t help. We can’t find anything else wrong. 

5D0B2987-7F22-45F7-8DC5-D855966E558A.jpeg

Maybe it's the picture but the overload spring looks out of kilter, that is not parallel with the main leaf springs, maybe a trip to a frame/spring shop is in order. I drive a K1500 now so not familiar with the suspension set-ups on newer 3/4 tons, but I have to say that is a wussie looking spring package compared to the one I had on a 84 K20 camper special which had 7 rear leafs plus an overload for a total of 8. Solid front axle 4X4 that had 3 leaf springs in each corner, which was 1 more than non-camper special 3/4 and one tons. Thing was a beast, would bruise your kidneys just looking at the spring package, took at least 2000 lbs in the bed to make it semi-civilized, a 3000 lb. dry weight Conestoga camper, addition of 30 gallons of fresh water and gear and it rode just right. It is still doing duty with my son on Kodiak Island, Ak.

Vs the left side. There is definitely more space between the overload and the other 4 leafs front and back than there is on the right side front and back.

45a40c99ca3733f1b4b14596f7379cc1.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Remofire said:

I was told by someone else that it should look like this.

f6f9f8be566012137c6450c6007b756a.png

That top piece (overload spring) is aftermarket. Unless someone added it, you won't have it.

I'm not expert, but it looks like there should be a rubber "bump stop" type of thing in that hole.

I’m definitely trying that. Most stops are 15-20 bucks. Definitely cheap enough to try before going further with anything else.