2005 HD erratic heated seats

The electric seat on the drivers side turns on (randomly), rain or shine...on it's own! Both the back and the seat go into high heat. Even when the switch is shut off, repeatedly, it comes back on in a few seconds. It cycles on over and over again no matter how many times you turn it off.  Sometimes it stops cycling  when the key is turned off and sometimes it doesn't. 

I have not explored the issue.......

Now the A/C decides to stop blowing cold air. I turn the engine off, turned it back on and ...BAM..cold air again...??? What the hell is with GM electronics???  You'd think a $45,000 truck would have better electronics! Come on GM....don't make me buy a Jap car.....

Edited by rojam51

The electrical is not very good. A lot of bad grounds, switches and controls that don't last very long, etc. All auto manufacturers have teams of people researching ways to save $.01 from each vehicle. Once they figure out how, they try to save one more penny, and that continues for as long as the company is around. GMC has been doing that since July 22, 1911. If you can save a dollar on each car, and you make a million cars......

Edited by starman8tdc

9 hours ago, rojam51 said:

The electric seat on the drivers side turns on (randomly), rain or shine...on it's own! Both the back and the seat go into high heat. Even when the switch is shut off, repeatedly, it comes back on in a few seconds. It cycles on over and over again no matter how many times you turn it off.  Sometimes it stops cycling  when the key is turned off and sometimes it doesn't. 

I have not explored the issue.......

Now the A/C decides to stop blowing cold air. I turn the engine off, turned it back on and ...BAM..cold air again...??? What the hell is with GM electronics???  You'd think a $45,000 truck would have better electronics! Come on GM....don't make me buy a Jap car.....

Hello NEWBIE, How about you post which truck you are talking about, and the year.?  which cab type? Did you have it from new, or you bought someone else's troubles?

BCM Grounds would be where I would start

My heated seats wont stay on. The lower settings seems to stay on longer, but they still shut off fairly quickly. Plus the "seat" part of the driver side doesn't get warm at all. Please send me a message or quote my reply, if you find any solutions to your issue. Might be related my my issue as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

rojam, my 03 2500hd heated seat (driver-specifically), this last winter started doing what Starman8tdc's were doing. I have not dug into this problem as of yet (maybe because it is summer), I am still trying to tackle the stereo RAP problem first. Baby steps-one at a time. Sorry I could not be of more help. Just know (obviously) you are not alone.