Magnuson Radix Supercharger for 6.2

Has anyone here installed one of these on their truck? Looking for reliability and daily driving input from this that have this kit. https://www.magnusonsuperchargers.com/product-p/01-19-53-186-bl.htm

Looking to order and install in a couple weeks.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Denali34 said:

Has anyone here installed one of these on their truck? Looking for reliability and daily driving input from this that have this kit. https://www.magnusonsuperchargers.com/product-p/01-19-53-186-bl.htm

Looking to order and install in a couple weeks.

Thanks!

My tuner has one in his regular cab 15. As as a daily and tows his vette with it. Its been in the truck for 3 years now. And hes changed the belt once. Great unit.  its what im getting end of the summer

• Like 1

I just plan on installing the kit as is. My concern mostly is the drivetrain including trans, driveshaft and rear end if it’s going to be to much stress. If i have to start changing those then I’d rather not do it. I’d rather not even put headers on it to keep the noise down. I wouldn’t go above 6psi.

14 minutes ago, Denali34 said:

I just plan on installing the kit as is. My concern mostly is the drivetrain including trans, driveshaft and rear end if it’s going to be to much stress. If i have to start changing those then I’d rather not do it. I’d rather not even put headers on it to keep the noise down. I wouldn’t go above 6psi.

Youre good

• Like 1

I installed the Magnuson TVS1900 on my 2017 Sierra Crew Cab SLT 6.2L 8-speed. I live near the 101 and 405 if you're in SoCal. We can talk tomorrow because it's late right now.

I installed the Magnuson TVS1900 on my 2017 Sierra Crew Cab SLT 6.2L 8-speed. I live near the 101 and 405 if you're in SoCal. We can talk tomorrow because it's late right now.

Please DM me when you can talk about it. Thank you!!!

Denali34, I thought I saw in your description that you were in California, but I was looking at the user "Nasty." That's why I was saying where I live, sorry about that. I'm currently on the East Coast, so we're in the same time zone right now. I'll PM you my phone number and you can call when it's convenient for you.

You can't go wrong adding a Magnuson kit. 

I have a 16 Denali 6.2 with a Magnuson 2300 kit on it.  I daily drive my truck and have put about 15k miles on it since installing the supercharger.  I also tow with it.  Zero issues with the supercharger kit.  The Magnuson tune is pretty conservative, so there are gains to be had with a custom tune.  My kit made 5 to 5.5 psi and on the dyno and put down 451 rwhp. 

I've since upped the boost to 7 to 8 psi with a 10% overdrive crank pulley.  It's made 568 rwhp /578 rwtq on E60 (with fuel system upgrades).  Its ran a 12.76 @ 107.1 mph on E33 in 80F weather at a 6270 lb race weight.  Makes for a real fun daily driver.  

• Like 2

Pretty much ditto what ozws6 said. I was originally sent an 84mm pulley with my 1900 kit and it drove like crap...almost no supercharger feeling at all. The second I took a data log and showed Magnuson how low my boost was (averaging around 2-3psi and maxing at 4.5psi), they mailed me a 78mm pulley the next day. The new pulley made all the difference and it feels like a supercharger now (but it's still making just shy of 6psi, so I want Magnuson to address that still). I also want to explore the IATs still because they seemed super high on my data log.

Tune-wise, you have three options:

1) Magnuson's tune (requires 4 credits and an HP Tuners handheld)

2) A custom in-person dyno tune (usually around $400-$500 and then it's tied to someone else's HP Tuner handheld and cable if you don't have your own)

3) A mail order tune from Black Bear or someone like him (usually done with EFILive)

I emailed you my phone number so you could call and I could give you all the ins and outs about all of this, but I haven't heard from you, so I'll just type a few things here.

The Magnuson tune isn't horrible, it's just conservative. It's primarily meant to be safe to allow for the Magnuson 3-yr warranty, but also to meet CARB requirements. Big downside is that they don't give you a handheld to load the tune, so you have to buy your own HP Tuners and credits...a pain in the ass process that I can fully explain if you call.

A custom tune is what most people do. In-person is generally considered the best, but a mail-order one can save you money in the long run if you do other mods because some tuners like Black Bear won't charge for a new tune with each new mod. Again, I can fully explain if you call.

Some other odds and ends: Running a non-Magnuson tune, changing the pulley, installing headers, running water/meth, etc. voids the Magnuson warranty (...if it's something they can tell that you did). In general, the TVS1900 is better for low-end torque and power at low speeds, while the 2300 is better for supporting additional major mods (cam, smaller pulleys, other major horsepower mods) and making more top end power and speed.

• Like 1

I am currently out of town on vacation and will call you when I get back this week if that’s ok? Thank you for all the info. I have a few more questions when we talk.

1 minute ago, Denali34 said:

I am currently out of town on vacation and will call you when I get back this week if that’s ok? Thank you for all the info. I have a few more questions when we talk.

Not a problem, I'm happy to answer any questions you have. I experienced a LOT during this particular install and will be happy to share. I'm on vacation in New Hampshire until the 25th, so feel free to call until then. After that, please keep in mind that I'm 3 hours before you time-wise if you call.