Scaled the new rig

Had to drop trailer off at rv dealer for mvi, figured I'd get it on the scale. Hitched up, pretty close to my old Silverado. Tows beautifully compared to my old 09 Silverado though. 

I figured I'd have to adjust the hitch some, but it tows so nice, not sure I should mess with it?

PR7znah.png

Edited by Roscopcoletrain

In order to know the tongue weight and the exact percentage you restored to the front you also need to weigh the truck with the trailer hooked up but the WD bars disengaged.  But any numbers help, and from the numbers you do have, it does look like you're probably pretty close to the 50% level GM recommends, and under all your maximums.  So if it tows really well you can probably just be happy and go with it.  If you're a bit OCD or just curious, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take the third measurement but nothing is way off so you'd only be looking at minor adjustments anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jon A said:

In order to know the tongue weight and the exact percentage you restored to the front you also need to weigh the truck with the trailer hooked up but the WD bars disengaged.  But any numbers help, and from the numbers you do have, it does look like you're probably pretty close to the 50% level GM recommends, and under all your maximums.  So if it tows really well you can probably just be happy and go with it.  If you're a bit OCD or just curious, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take the third measurement but nothing is way off so you'd only be looking at minor adjustments anyway.

Good to know. I'll see if I can't run it by the scale again. Thanks! 

15 hours ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

Tows beautifully compared to the Silverado though. 

what year was your silverado?  are you comparing the same year or previous model?  

yep...my 2016 silverado pulls way better than my 08 Silverado also...your post made it sound like the Sierra is way better than the Silverado...I probably just read it wrong on a Monday morning...but yes, I agree the new models are definitely an improvement over the previous...

• Like 1