2011 2500hd 6.0 differential gear swap

I have a 2011 Chevy 2500hd with 6.0 vortec. The truck has a 7.5 inch lift with 37inch tires, 20x14 inch wheels. I’ve had it for a while now and the factory 3.73 gears are still in it. The 37s totally kill it all around. I’m looking at going to 4.88. I tow with it, I have a 16ft trailer with can am maverick and atvs. Also 22ft car trailer that haul vehicles on, and recently 34 foot bumper pull camper (approximately 8000lbs dry). Towing has always been a pain because of the gears. Highway speeds around 70mph. It does not want to come out of 4th. If it goes into 5th it with slow to about 55mph. Can’t keep speed in 5th. Towing the camper home (approximately 140 miles) in the city my trans got to about 215, a little on warm side. I stayed around 60mph whole trip. Truck has all factory coolers. Now, I have gotten 2 quotes from 2 rather local off-road shops for gears. Both supplying all parts. (I accidentally told them I had a 11.5 rear instead of 10.5, which is cheaper) the first shop quoted me about $2,500 for front and rear gears with total rebuild of both differentials. The second shop was doing the same exact thing and they quoted me $4,500. Which is totally insane. Prices would be a little cheaper if I told them the correct differential as the gears are cheaper. I can buy both diff rebuild kits (all new bearings and seals) as well as both front and rear gears (4.88 G2 gears) for about $1000 shipped to door. My father is a mechanic but it’s been a long time since he’s done gears in a diff. I have never done them, is this a task that can be done at home? All tools needed I have already. The rear seems to be the easier of the 2 as the pinion support is bolt in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk