Regear for 37’s

Hello as most know I’m doing a “prerunner” style build and have been looking at getting a regear done as well as a tune to accommodate the much bigger tires. I plan on installing 4.56 gears and I’ve got a few quotes for installation but today I’ve had a shop tell me it’s not possible to install the 4.56 gears without custom machining the cases, is this true? Has anyone else installed 4.56 gears in their 1500? Thanks!

Also I couldn’t find any good forums on this subject for the 14 and up models so yeah!

Edit: I plan on using stock axles for a while so that’s what the gears would be going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update from Yukon: “4.56 gears will bolt right in on the 9.5 axle (which is common with the 5.3 motor) the only time modifications are needed is if you have a 9.76 axle, at that point it requires conversion bearings”

So just like I figured, 4.56 YUKON gears in the stock axle are good to go [emoji1417]

Thats good to know! How did you get yukon sponsorship?

I messaged them, informed them of the truck build I was doing and simply asked if they would like to help me out with some sort of sponsorship (I also got one from line x) and they were more than happy to jump aboard. As long as I included two 12” stickers on both sides of the truck and tagged them in any relevant posts.

3 minutes ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

I messaged them, informed them of the truck build I was doing and simply asked if they would like to help me out with some sort of sponsorship (I also got one from line x) and they were more than happy to jump aboard. As long as I included two 12” stickers on both sides of the truck and tagged them in any relevant posts.

Nice! Whats your IG to follow your build