2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Intermittent Vibration

JoeMal7524

I just wanted to post a thank you to those 2015-2017, and some 2018 Sierra owners who posted their issues with experiencing Intermittent vibration on their trucks. Of all the postings I'd read while trying to search for a potential solution, I did come across a few that suggested it was a transmission related issue and it had been fixed by flushing the fluid. I began experiencing vibration in the beginning of August this year, and a half dozen visits in to the dealer and no resolution. I'd provided copies of the blogs I'd come across suggestive of a resolution, and inquired about Service Bulletins they told me didn't exist, but they couldn't resolve the issue. Then after some back and forth with GMC Corporate, they suggested I try another dealership. Fortunately, the dealership I chose to go to in the aftermath had people working there who are on top of their game. The advisor was immediately familiar with the issue and suggestive of a potential solution. His description was almost exactly how the blogs I'd provided the previous dealership read. In short, if you are a Sierra owner and are experiencing this intermittent vibration like many of us, have your dealer check for GMC Service Bulletin Document #4526930. The vibration was apparently coming from shuddering within the Torque Converter, a component of the Transmission. They flushed the transmission fluid and the issue was resolved. Exactly what was suggested in the blogs. So again, thanks to those of you who posted your issues and provided the path to the resolution.