2015 Suburban LTZ loss of power on acceleration

Driving about 70mph and it cut off. No power. Quickly came back on and park assist said disabled. Tried to turn it back on and it just blinked and would not come on. Got home and turned off vehicle. Started back up and at first power assist would not come back on. Then it finally did after about 5 mins.

Went to back into a spot and it seemed that when I shifted into reverse and hit the gas it turned off and back on. This has happened a couple times even when pulling into the garage. I think when it happened in the garage I was just shifting into park.

Transmission is also sluggish at times. It also has a hard time going into gear from park/drive/reverse.

Same thing happened today on the way to soccer game. I was going about 45mph and I went to accelerate and it turned off and back on.

Taking it in tomorrow to be looked at. Since it is intermittent I am worried they will not be able to reproduce and say it is fine. Very worried as we will be traveling a lot for the holidays and this is our primary vehicle.

Edited by BANsOnLn

My son had 2 with similar issues. Some people have been fixed with ground problems. My sons were never fix. He got rid of with great loss. The same old couldn’t duplicate even with video showing events. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

My son had 2 with similar issues. Some people have been fixed with ground problems. My sons were never fix. He got rid of with great loss. The same old couldn’t duplicate even with video showing events. Good luck

Thanks. Hopefully they can fix it. I love the truck and would hate to have to get rid of it. This is my 2nd Suburban. I had a 2004 with 198K miles on it and did a lot of work on it but started having electrical problems and traded it in for this one.

Thanks. Hopefully they can fix it. I love the truck and would hate to have to get rid of it. This is my 2nd Suburban. I had a 2004 with 198K miles on it and did a lot of work on it but started having electrical problems and traded it in for this one.

My brother in law routinely puts 300K on his. His wife goes 200K he gets it and puts another 100K. He just bought his 4Th, never buys them new, usually 2 years old. Anxious to see how this one does. His first one with cylinder deactivation.

28 minutes ago, BANsOnLn said:

This is my 2nd Suburban. I had a 2004 with 198K miles on it and did a lot of work on it but started having electrical problems and traded it in for this one.

Sounds like you have 2 things going on here, electrical and mechanical.  My comment will reference the electrical piece.  Since you already set up an appointment, have them run an electrical diagnosis, may be a bad alternator which in-turn will cause the battery to die.  One or both of these could cause the conditions you mentioned.  Did you notice how dim the dash lights were and did they flicker or how loud or low the horn blows?  Go out to the garage and check it out.  All may not be lost if it turns out to be a bad alternator and or battery, just simple replacements and at least 750 bucks lighter in the pocket for labor, diagnostic, battery, and alternator.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:59 AM, KARNUT said:

Well... So far they can't reproduce so they are sending it to the Chevy dealership... Purchased the truck used from Modern Nissan and even though the warranty is supposed to allow me to take it anywhere it always seems as if I need to take it to them first and then if they can't fix it I have to have it take to a Chevy dealership... What a PITA. Did find out my sunroof drain "hoses" were clogged and I had a little leak inside but they were able to fix that. I just need to remember to check the drains every couple of months I guess. They told me they do it clogged up over time. We will see what the Chevy dealership says... They will probably tell me they can't reproduce.... blah blah blah... charge me a diagnostic fee and send me on my way. Fingers crossed...