Short Bed - Actual Length

Mad Maxx

Can someone with a Short Bed, preferably a Sierra (if it makes a difference, it may) tell me the actual length of the Bed, with the Tailgate up?

GMC says 69.92in, but wanna confirm that is with the Tailgate up as well. 

I got Power Washing equipment that I wanna see if it will fit in the Short Bed, or do I have to order a Standard Bed.

33 minutes ago, newdude said:

Wall to gate is 67.91 inches. 

Thank you! Gonna be close! I got 65" to work with.

May have to bring the attachment with me to throw in the bed just to make sure. I'm sure the dealer will love that!

Quick question, your sig would suggest you have a 2500 Cummins diesel. Is there a reason you aren't going to utilize the HD truck you already own vs. a new 1/2 ton for a commercial washer business? What does your set up weigh? We used to have a heated diesel/12v Easy Kleen skid mount with a 200gal tank that we needed to put on a trailer because it was too heavy with the tank filled to ride in the bed of our 2500's. Just curious on your rig more than anything.

1 hour ago, Mad Maxx said:

Thank you! Gonna be close! I got 65" to work with.

May have to bring the attachment with me to throw in the bed just to make sure. I'm sure the dealer will love that!

No problem!  I'm sure they'd get a kick out of it LOL but there's plenty a strange thing that occur when people buy cars. 

1 hour ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Quick question, your sig would suggest you have a 2500 Cummins diesel. Is there a reason you aren't going to utilize the HD truck you already own vs. a new 1/2 ton for a commercial washer business? What does your set up weigh? We used to have a heated diesel/12v Easy Kleen skid mount with a 200gal tank that we needed to put on a trailer because it was too heavy with the tank filled to ride in the bed of our 2500's. Just curious on your rig more than anything.

I sold everything I needed the HD Diesel Truck for (Boat, Quads, Ski's). I just need a Pickup now for the random times I gotta haul something that won't fit in an SUV. 

Living in a small town, where everything is, the Diesel doesn't have enough time to get up to operating temp by the time I'm done doing what I gotta do and I'm back home. So that's gonna take some life outta the engine as well. 

I use a Power Washer on its own Cart that I just put in the bed of the truck, about 180lbs or so. I do outdoor patios at Eateries in my area, I hook up to the Water at their place, rather than have to tow around my own Tank.

Edited by Mad Maxx