1996-2000 chevy tahoe 5.7 4 Hi Upgrade

andrewlolney

Question

Forgive me if this has been asked a million times. I struggled to find a previous thread so I'm making one.

As many of you know the headlights in these c/k series trucks and suv's absolutely suck. I want to do the 4 hi upgrade on my tahoe. I've seen quite a few write ups and YouTube videos but everyone does it differently and no one explains what they are using or where they got the supplies. Just simply "I bought a 4 prong relay and were going to wire it up..."

I would like someone to explain to me the correct way to wire it up and install the relay and inline fuse. I've seen several people use the 4 prong with pig tails already attached to a weather sealed relay. Preferably this is what I want to use.

So I'm asking where to find the sealed 4 prong relay with pigtails and a solid rundown of the correct way to install it.

Thanks in advance. This is an awesome group of people. I don't know what I'd do without you guys!

Andrew.b403b4bbbd678d495e85b745a9a19982.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 answers to this question

Are you wanting to have your crappy low beams on at the same time as your crappy high beams in the hops that 4 crappy are actually usable? 

Your right side high beam looks like it may have had water in it, and has damaged the reflective background.  Have you searched for replacement headlights thst take some of the old standby H4 bulbs? 

The relays are so common that people think that everyone knows.  It's like walking into a meeting and they started without you.  A 4 pin relay only has a normally open pin, and the 5 pin relays have both normally open and normally closed pins.  There are Chinese websites that sell all this stuff, some times with single 4 pin plug.  Aliexpress is good place to look. 

buy a 4 pin relay, it will have numbers on it 85,86, 87 and 30. 85 and 86 are for the coil so ground one of those numbers doesnt matter which so ground 85 and then you want to take the positive wire from the high beam and splice it to 86 and 30. then connect 87 to the positive of your low beam headlight this will give you all 4 lights on with the high beams.not to bash scott but that was a useless reply we are all here to help each other

Edited by silveradosid