Question about issues when upsizing to 285/70r17 on a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500

Good day all,

This isn't going to be a question on whether or not these will fit without rubbing or if I'll see substantial changes in mpg. There is a tonne of information I already researched on those topics. However there are a couple of questions I'd like to have answered that was a bit harder to find when pertaining to GM's trucks specifically.

Once my factory tires wear out I was gonna up the size to 285/70r17 bfg ko2's with a C load rating. I was also looking at the 275/70r17 bfg's but those are only in an E load rating and I dont want the heavier tire.

My question is this: Has anyone had any issues with extra wear on brakes, issues with their transmission, extra wear on their UV and ball joints etc from upping their tire size to 285's. It's a new truck and I dont wanna find out my transmission is damaged cause of oversized tires, and as a result void the warranty on the transmission. I have a rear axle ratio of 3.42. The difference in diameter is about 3.5% from the factory wheels and I know it's a rule of thumb to try and keep it below 3%.

I know upsizing can result in gear hunting, power loss and increased gas consumption, so if getting 285's is too troublesome I'll try and find a set of 275's with a C load rating.

Edited by dbarter