8 Speed Transmission Filter Change Question

On 4/8/2019 at 4:58 PM, Fishbait said:

Nice write up WS6. The pictures with the pan removed were a lot of help as I need to replace the wiring harness with the Trans temperature sensor.

It is my understanding that the sensor it is built into the wiring harness. Has anyone here replaced the harness themselves? I am going to order the harness and replace it when I do the flush.

I have replaced several wire harnesses for the fluid temperature sensor failure.. The new harness is different.. You will need to remove the valve body to replace it.. The entire passthrough connector has to come out. 

The old harness is a two piece with connector to separate it. 

The new harness is one piece, so the entire harness with passthrough will have to come out and this requires valve body removal.

11 hours ago, ws6firebirdta00 said:

What does the harness look like? I tried to trace what I saw and I thought all the connections were visible to swap it. I may have missed something or looked at the wrong part.

All the connections for the  valves and solenoids are easy to remove.. All of those wires go to the main passthrough which is above the valve body.. The old style harness has a separate connector in it under the valve body to separate it.. The updated new style harness is a one piece assembly with no internal connector to separate it. 

Therefore when installing the new style one piece harness you have to remove the valve body because the passthrough connector is part of the new harness..

You have to push the passthrough connector  into transmission to remove it and it's above the valve body.