lifting a GMC Sierra Z71?

I just got a 2000 Sierra Z71. What would I need to lift it? I know it is already a little higher than the regular Sierra. If I do lift it I still want to be able to pull someone and everything I can do in it now, so I dont wana do anything to limit that. I am pretty cluieless on this stuff. I had a Trans Am before and thus know nothing on raising a vehicle. What prices am I looking at and what kits are good? Thanbks. :)

A Body lift will lift your body up off of the frame.. The kit comes with spacers that you insert into where the acutally body is bolted onto the frame.. The suspension is a totally different beast.. maybe someone here with more knowledge on how they work can help out..

This 6" Suspension cost about $1300. Now for the tires and rims it differs depending on what you get, Plus labor for putting it all on if you cant do it yourself. The body lift would be the way to go if you still want the same suspension setup. But anytime you put bigger tires you are gonna lose some horsepower if you do not re-gear your differentials.

A Suspension lift looks alot better IMO. But if done right it will cost you alot more money than a body lift.

You can put a bodylift on in your drive way, with just a little mechanical ability, for around $250 + the cost of new tires ( guessing you will go bigger)

A suspension lift (6"Superlift for example) will run you like DejaVu said around $1300. But you will be able to run larger tires than you can with a bodylift.

The bigger tires you run, the more power it will take from your truck because of the added rolling mass. The only way to make up for that is to Re-Gear. Front and back diff. will run you around another $1000.

DejaVu Awesome truck.. Got anymore pictures?

BD

ok.... for my purposes i think a body lift may be best.?. I dont plan on offroading, only playing in the snow a bit. I am looking to stay cheap (i can barely afford payments on the thing) Can I still load the bed with as much as I could before a lift? What about towing? Anything I should know about lifting it with a body kit vs the suspension lift? I dont wana do something i would regret,

Archived