2014 Silverado 4x4 issues

I just want to start out by saying the 2014 Silverado might be the worst truck gm has ever made. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle that all have to do with the production of the the truck and it seems like no one wants to take responsibility and the dealerships just want your money my truck has sat more than I have driven it because of problems with it. Right now it is stuck in 4x4 and the service 4x4 light came on  I had it in to the dealer three times where they just reset my code. And they told me not to shut it off while In auto or four wheel at all.. kind of odd. Now all the sudden they know what it is before I bring the truck in. The head tech told me over the phone before I came that the computer needed to be updated. Now they’re saying it’s the truck and it will cost me $1000 to fix. I can’t afford that due to not being able to work with no truck so then they say it’s the purge switch and they will fix it for $450 when I said I can’t afford it and that it should be covered under my drivetrain warranty they say it’s not and I owe them $109 for a diagnostic fee. How do I owe them for a diagnosis when they don’t even know what it is!!! It seems like they’re just hoping that’s what it is. I need help man idk what to do anymore. They have already made me pay for a recall issue (loss of power steering) which end up cause another part to go bad that I was also stuck paying for but we won’t get into that. Anyone that can help please respond 

I believe the stuck in 4wd fix is just a flash of the transfer case module. Shouldn’t be charged more than hour labor. There are no parts. 

If if you want a good mechanic, there is one an hour south of you in Avoca, NY. South Main Auto. Check out his YouTube channel. 

• Like 1