New Sierra ~ Make it Trailready

First time poster, have been doing some research for a few weeks about lifts and I've got it narrowed down to a few companies. I want to he able to take it on some trails for overlanding, be able to handle some rougher terrain, but not like rock crawling or anything that extreme, was thinking of a 4 or 5 in lift (Fox, Fabtech, BDS, Dirt King.) My 2018 All Terrain 6.2 will arrive next week and I want to have a lift ordered and ready, but I've got a few concerns...

1) Should I factor the heavier weight of the bigger motor, or is it negligible?

2) I def want a smooth ride for everyday, but I've seen some kits that replace the cross member and other's that do not, what's the deal?

3) I do not want any weak links that would leave me stranded, are there any misc parts I might not have considered?

Thank for any input, as soon as it gets in I'll post up pics!

First time poster, have been doing some research for a few weeks about lifts and I've got it narrowed down to a few companies. I want to he able to take it on some trails for overlanding, be able to handle some rougher terrain, but not like rock crawling or anything that extreme, was thinking of a 4 or 5 in lift (Fox, Fabtech, BDS, Dirt King.) My 2018 All Terrain 6.2 will arrive next week and I want to have a lift ordered and ready, but I've got a few concerns...

1) Should I factor the heavier weight of the bigger motor, or is it negligible?

2) I def want a smooth ride for everyday, but I've seen some kits that replace the cross member and other's that do not, what's the deal?

3) I do not want any weak links that would leave me stranded, are there any misc parts I might not have considered?

Thank for any input, as soon as it gets in I'll post up pics!

Yes, you need to make sure the front coilovers are the correct weight for the 6.2. I can personally tell you that any set with 650 lbs will not be enough. You will want at less 700 lbs springs. If you want to put a bumper and winch you may want them heavier.

If you can I would get the weight of the truck unloaded and then figure out your loaded weight. This will allow you to figure out what spring rates you will need. If you can get the corner eights of the truck that would be best, but front weight and back weight would work.

I haven’t put a lift on my truck, but cst doesn’t widen your track width.

I used accutune suspension for my tuned shocks. Some have used downsouth for theirs. I can’t vouched for them, but I would call both and see who you feel comfortable with. If your overlanding you will want reservoir shocks. More fluid equals less fade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk