Left & Right Front Turn Signal Malfunction

2017 Sierra SLT.  I just had a shop install a set of Airlift Airbags on the rear of my truck.  After leaving the shop I noticed I was getting a fast turn signal and a message that says "Left (or Right) Front Turn Signal Malfunction".  Both front LED turn signals are working (in the headlight assembly) and it appears the outboard marker light bulbs are working fine, although I haven't noticed if they are supposed to flash with the turn signals or not.  I would think they would.  Additionally, I was towing a motorcycle trailer when this issue started.  The plug for the trailer lights has seen better days so I thought maybe I was getting erroneous signals because of a shotty connection to the trailer.  After disconnecting the trailer and cleaning the receiver the problem persists.  

Is there a blinker controller that needs to be replaced?  Any other suggestions?  I find it hard to believe both outboard marker bulbs burnt out at the same moment.  

Thanks in advance!

What is the outboard side marker? The small orange light on the side of the headlamp assembly? If that’s the light to which you are referring, those do not flash with the turn signals. 

1 minute ago, EpicLT said:

What is the outboard side marker? The small orange light on the side of the headlamp assembly? If that’s the light to which you are referring, those do not flash with the turn signals. 

Yes.  That is the one I'm referring to.  I do know they come on after remote start and with the parking lights. 

Anyways, if they don't work as turn signals, then there must be a computer glitch or a controller malfunction somewhere.

5 minutes ago, FlyPacNW said:

Yes.  That is the one I'm referring to.  I do know they come on after remote start and with the parking lights. 

Anyways, if they don't work as turn signals, then there must be a computer glitch or a controller malfunction somewhere.

Why do you say? You said they were performing normally right? Or are they flashing with the signals?

They are not flashing with the signals.  But I am getting the fast beat turn signals and the malfunction message, which indicates a malfunction somewhere.  

• Like 1