I have a 2016 suburban that has one 120v auxiliary AC outlet in the rear of the center console (accessible from the 2nd row seat).  Are there additional locations that the AC outlets can be installed in the suburbans?  If so, would there already be factory wiring to these locations?  I am hoping to add one in the front and one in the third row. 

I understand the 150 watt limitation and all... it would be nice to have more than one location option to plug into.  The auxiliary outlets themselves are very inexpensive, roughly $25.  Part#22854091

Idk

I doubt  they expense running  wiring  for a feature they don't include. By placing the 120v plug behind the console its accessible easily to 1st and  2nd row and even  3rd as most devices less then 150w include a 6 foot electrical cord. I think its possible for you to  install though separate wire with its own independent inverter to the battery.  Why do you  need an ac plug in each  row?

Mikey999, 

My 2014 Silverado did not come with the towing package,  but all of the wiring was already there.   The same with my 2015 Traverse. I added in brake controllers and a plug in the back,  but wiring was already done, so why would this be different? 

Also, I have 4 kids which is why I own a Suburban.  Family trips with extension cords running from the 2nd row to the third just causes more wires to get kicked and yanked on when getting in and out.  These are teenagers and little ones, not adults who use common sense.  So this is why I would like additional plugs.  I'm hoping someone else has done this or has diagrams.  

On 25/05/2019 at 1:42 PM, boondoggler said:

Mikey999, 

My 2014 Silverado did not come with the towing package,  but all of the wiring was already there.   The same with my 2015 Traverse. I added in brake controllers and a plug in the back,  but wiring was already done, so why would this be different? 

Also, I have 4 kids which is why I own a Suburban.  Family trips with extension cords running from the 2nd row to the third just causes more wires to get kicked and yanked on when getting in and out.  These are teenagers and little ones, not adults who use common sense.  So this is why I would like additional plugs.  I'm hoping someone else has done this or has diagrams.  

I thinks thats because tow package is an upgrade on your 14 silverado and for mass production purposes  the rough in is already there. But there is no such upgrade  of having  ac plugs  in every row of a 2016 suburban in any of the trims or upgrades so i doubt gm would run wires  for options they dont sell or make available in higher trims or upgrades.  Thats why nobody has provided you a diagram as it may not exist. Id love if i was wrong and someone would show us these wires are ran in a suburban . I do understand your problem with excessive  wires.  You might have 2 available options .aftermarket install or if your kids are using tablets and phones then buy then portable  batteries at costco, their handheld come in many sizes and are cheap and hold 2 to 5 times the charge  of a phone or tablet. They have usb plugs on them.  Ive noticed  under the hood of my suburban a empty spot for what would  hold an additional battery as well