Found a guy selling what sounds like an awesome '93 KTM 250SX. Says he's not a rider and he only played around on it, says it's really clean. Selling because he got layed off, doesn't really ride it, and needs the money to move. I'm gonna go take a look at it tonight after work. He told me to make an offer on it. He also mentioned that he paid $1900 for it when he bought it 3 years ago. I thought that was really cheap for a KTM. So we will see how it goes. I'm really not sure what to offer him. If he only paid $1900 I'm thinking he'll take less than that for sure.

I'll keep ya'll posted... :thumbs:

Start low and work up towards $1900. Shoot $1300-$1400 at him. Tell him to throw his boots, riding gear, ramps, stand and such in and see what he says. Post back when you hear something. Check the fork seals, mono-shock, chain, etc etc. I just picked up a clean 2000 KDX200 for $1100 about a month ago (depserate seller). Nice little bike. Decided I didnt need a 250, Id probably kill myself. Course Ill probably kill myself on a 200!

Well I went and checked it out. Looks like a pretty sharp bike. It was late at night so I didn't get to ride it yet, he's gonna bring it by tomorrow morning for me to test ride.

I called him on the way over and we talked for a bit. I asked him what his rock bottom price would be and he said $1700. After I looked at it for a while I told him I had $1500 no problem, but the extra $200 was going to be hard. He really didn't want to let it go for that so we agreed to $1600. He did put some money into it (new FMF pipe and silencer for $500). Plus he's throwing in a stand, helmet, riding gear, original manual, desert tank, tie down straps, gas can, etc. This is all of course after I ride it and see how that goes. He says it a complete beast, he's scared of it! Mentioned also it sat for at least six months and still fired first kick the other day.

I think I'll throw the $1500 at him again after the test ride, you never know. I might have myself a new bike tomorrow... :thumbs:

Nice little bike. Decided I didnt need a 250, Id probably kill myself. Course Ill probably kill myself on a 200!

LOL!!! I broke 2 ribs riding one of my Honda 70's this spring, and I sprained my wrist last Sunday riding my new (1986) Chrome Special Z50R!!! LOL!!!

Nice little bike.  Decided I didnt need a 250, Id probably kill myself.  Course Ill probably kill myself on a 200!

LOL!!! I broke 2 ribs riding one of my Honda 70's this spring, and I sprained my wrist last Sunday riding my new (1986) Chrome Special Z50R!!! LOL!!!

Yup, don't need speed to hurt yourself! I have hurt myself more on the little "pit bikes" than anything.....Other than my buddies Raptor that I tried jumping the truck on :thumbs:

Here's the pics guys. I'm gonna give her a good cleaning. Pretty grimy and dusty in these pictures, it's just been sitting for a long time.

I'm not crazy about the purple and pink color scheme so I will be on the lookout to update the skins eventually. I really like the FMF Cold Series Fatty pipe and silencer though! :thumbs:

fb0b1d29.jpg

fb0b1d26.jpg

fb0b1b77.jpg

Archived