2014 Silverado bluetooth losing sound

I have a 2014 Silverado that I bought a couple years ago. Ever since I've owned it I've had issues with my bluetooth losing sound when I switch through apps or youtube videos. Basically if i'm using music player and switch to a podcast app it will show up on the screen like it is playing but there will be no sound. The only way to get the sound to work is to switch to the radio and then back to bluetooth. This also happens when youtube switches videos, every single time it changes I have to switch to the radio and then back. It's seriously annoying. I travel for work a lot and never have this problem with rentals so it's got to be the truck. I've tried unpairing the phone and redoing that process to no avail. Anyone else have this problem and a fix for this? 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎12 at 9:23 AM, romanzo said:

I have a 2014 Silverado that I bought a couple years ago. Ever since I've owned it I've had issues with my bluetooth losing sound when I switch through apps or youtube videos. Basically if i'm using music player and switch to a podcast app it will show up on the screen like it is playing but there will be no sound. The only way to get the sound to work is to switch to the radio and then back to bluetooth. This also happens when youtube switches videos, every single time it changes I have to switch to the radio and then back. It's seriously annoying. I travel for work a lot and never have this problem with rentals so it's got to be the truck. I've tried unpairing the phone and redoing that process to no avail. Anyone else have this problem and a fix for this? 

I just got a 2014 sierra from work, and I have the same issue.

Im having a similar issue with my 2014 Silverado, except going to radio and back doesn't reset it.

Edit: just tried the radio and back fix, does work. I guess I only changed through the media options.

Edited by wantz87
tried again