Need advice for first 4wd lift/tire combo

I'm looking to purchase a 2019 Sierra in the next few weeks.  Trying to decide what lift/tire combo I want to put on the truck.  This will be my first 4wd truck so I'm not going to lift it too high or go too aggressive with the tire.  My thoughts are either the 2.5 inch lift with 33s or 3.5 inch lift with 35s.  What is everyone's thoughts on this, any pics you can show me of trucks with this lift/tire  combo?  Will there be a big difference in ride quality, mpg, or loss of power going from the 33s to the 35s?

38 minutes ago, ugaDAWGS09 said:

I'm looking to purchase a 2019 Sierra in the next few weeks.  Trying to decide what lift/tire combo I want to put on the truck.  This will be my first 4wd truck so I'm not going to lift it too high or go too aggressive with the tire.  My thoughts are either the 2.5 inch lift with 33s or 3.5 inch lift with 35s.  What is everyone's thoughts on this, any pics you can show me of trucks with this lift/tire  combo?  Will there be a big difference in ride quality, mpg, or loss of power going from the 33s to the 35s?

35s only have 2 inches to avoid rubbing with a 6" lift.   I wouldn't do 35s with a 3.5"

Truck in Driveway.jpeg

If you don’t want to go too high with a lift, maybe try a leveling kit first. You can still throw bigger tires on there. I ran a 2.5” Rough Country leveling kit without the back spacer on my ‘14 Z71 and was actually able to run BFG KO2s on there in 285/65/20. Those measured to about 34.5”, and were mounted on the stock 20s. I had rub in full lock, but it wasn’t much. I didnt bother to zip tie or cut, just kind of lived with it. Was very happy with the stance and ride. Not sure if you’d have that same clearance on the ‘19s, as I also have a 6” lift running 35s and like BillyDee posted above, clearance is pretty tight. I actually have a tiny bit of rub at full lock with this truck, too.