2013 GMC Sierra WT-Rearview Backup Camera Install

I have a 2013 GMC Sierra WT.  I purchased a kit with an backup camera in the tailgate that connects into a rear view mirror display (see link below). Installation was going well until I get to the part where instructions say to connect new rear view mirror to the mirror power, specifically, 10-pin harness. The rear view mirror has no power run to it nor do I have On-Star. There is another cable on the new mirror that’s connecting to ACC+ and the triggers for rear view mirror. My thought is this would give the new mirror power. 

Am I able to just not connect the 10-pin harness? If that won’t work, is there a connection from the On-Star mirror down to the radio or some other power source I could use? I don’t want On-Star, just the rear view mirror display. 

https://camera-source.com/automotive-cams/gm-oe-fit/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-2009-2013-backup-camera-oem-onstar-video-mirror.html

Detailed instructions in the box (per the site)

From all the descriptions, it looks like the basic wiring includes
- power to camera
- power to mirror
- ground
- video signal

Some power comes from accessory feed so implies that something is always on. Likely the mirror for autodimming but could include either both the camera or the display.

Other power comes from reverse signal that can be found under the dash. At minimum, this would activate the display (the delay might be powered all the time but not showing anything until reverse signal is received), or, the reverse signal actually turns on the camera and or display.

Instructions are in the box. Hopefully, they provided a wiring diagram for the components that works allow to gleam what's going on inside the black box.

1 hour ago, Frank Marino said:

I have a 2013 GMC Sierra WT.  I purchased a kit with an backup camera in the tailgate that connects into a rear view mirror display (see link below). Installation was going well until I get to the part where instructions say to connect new rear view mirror to the mirror power, specifically, 10-pin harness. The rear view mirror has no power run to it nor do I have On-Star. There is another cable on the new mirror that’s connecting to ACC+ and the triggers for rear view mirror. My thought is this would give the new mirror power. 

Am I able to just not connect the 10-pin harness? If that won’t work, is there a connection from the On-Star mirror down to the radio or some other power source I could use? I don’t want On-Star, just the rear view mirror display. 

https://camera-source.com/automotive-cams/gm-oe-fit/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-2009-2013-backup-camera-oem-onstar-video-mirror.html

I recently installed a camera system for my truck and trailer.  It appeared to be a simple task but in fact presented some significant challenges.  (It will be very easy next time!)  Before you go any further,  phone Camera Source.  They may have a simple solution or a different product for your truck.  My setup has a 7" monitor that mounts on the dash.  The monitor or cameras do not have an OEM or discrete look but they do the job.  The system will also easily transfer to a future vehicle.