Number of bolts? block to transmission? 7 or 9

I'm pulling the engine out of my son's GMC 1500 with the dreaded AFM system. he's spent 2k on it already and it just needs to be fixed right. Taking it to machine shop to have it overhauled, with delete kit.  So I'm down to the last couple of issue's, I have 7 bolts out including the top one behind the intake. are there 2 more? behind the heads? for a total of 9?  or do I have them all? 

2. are they any good tricks to separate the two?  or just the old fashion pry bars.

Ya, pretty sure it's 6. Lift the engine a little and rock it back and forth.  I had an engine with 300,000 on it that was stuck pretty tight on the dowels. I checked for extra bolts a couple of times. I had to stand on the front of the engine and shake it. And believe me no one wants to see that....

Well after stopping at the Truck repair shop in town he said 7. so I tried to separate the two and no luck, well there's one behind the drivers side cylinder head, with an extra nut to hold the fuel lines.  That was a fun one to remove. Putting it back will be even more fun...  Anyway its out and ready to go to the machine shop...

edit: this is an Aluminum block, maybe that's the difference??

So this engine has 8.

Why is it so complicated to add photo's?

Edited by Tazzerblue
added info