Icon coilovers

I recently discovered during a long trip that the suspension on the Z71 leaves a lot to be desired so I plan on upgrading.  I've decided on the Icon coil overs but can't decide between the stage 1 or stage 2 setup.  I have a 2019 LTZ Z71 with the 6.2 and the truck is mostly a daily driver with occasional long road trips and spends some time on very light trails or on the beach in sand.  I plan on going with either a 2" or 2.5" height on the shocks.  Are the UCA's needed if it's mostly a daily driver at that height? Also once the lift is installed will a dealership adjust the camera and safety equipment to work with the new ride height?  

As far as the stage 2 setup goes is there a huge difference in the UCA's between the tubular or billet ones?  Again considering it's mostly an on road vehicle.  Coming from a Jeep Wrangler I'm not familiar at all with upgrading a pickup truck suspension.  

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone with one of these two setups.  Thanks

Depending on the lift height you set the coilovers at UCA's may not be required. One of the main benefits you're getting out of replacing the UCA's is getting rid of the ball joint that was not designed to be used at that angle. When at full extension you will hear/feel the ball joint bottoming out as well. 

The Billet UCA's are going to give you more adjustment on the frame side, but that is not necessarily needed within 0-3.5" lifts. It's mainly going to be an appearance thing for your application.  

• Like 1

ive just put in the 2.5 coilovers on my 18 denali 1500. i wasn't impressed off the start until i took it down a highway that i couldnt go over 110 km/hr before now i can go 125 km/hr with no issue or back end jump. its very solid over bumps. speed bumps in mall parking lots are a dream. i did pick up the cognito UCA;s and have to install them. will update with ride after i do that. i have the coil overs set at 1.25 of thread showing as the recommended height. this is pretty well exactly level with the rear end. 

One thing that has now changed is my dash shows a suspension alarm. This was expected. Another thing is my truck now only goes 135 km/hr before the govenor kicks in. I'm wondering if this is directly related to the more level truck. if any denali owners have a level please let me know. if this is happening to anyone else with a 14-18 silverado or sierra let me know. Thanks you