‘19 Yukon xl Denali radio, black screen

Didn’t think my first post would be a problem with my Yukon but here I go.

This weekend the wife started her Yukon up and screen on radio was black. She had sound but only stays on for 3 mins after starting and then dead silence. During the 3 minutes she could only use the steering wheel radio controls to adjust the radio. Turn the beast off and start again the radio plays for 3 minutes and off it goes. The whole time though when she backs up the camera displays on the screen and in drive again goes black and still no radio. The dealer got it in first thing this morning but is perplexed as what it is as they worked on it for 5 hrs today with no results.

Has anyone had this problem and any ideas what it might be?

Didn’t think my first post would be a problem with my Yukon but here I go.
This weekend the wife started her Yukon up and screen on radio was black. She had sound but only stays on for 3 mins after starting and then dead silence. During the 3 minutes she could only use the steering wheel radio controls to adjust the radio. Turn the beast off and start again the radio plays for 3 minutes and off it goes. The whole time though when she backs up the camera displays on the screen and in drive again goes black and still no radio. The dealer got it in first thing this morning but is perplexed as what it is as they worked on it for 5 hrs today with no results.
Has anyone had this problem and any ideas what it might be?

Check wire connection nest to cabin air filter. Some times this cable becomes loose due to opening that area to clean the filter and maybe touching it by mistake

I look up a video on YouTube as my radio didn’t wanna turn on at all after I disconnected the battery, I unplugged the fuse on passager side fuse box and plugged back in and it worked 

Great! Congrats for fixing the problem.

Can we get the link of that videos, and which fuse number was it?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SARNCAN said:

Great! Congrats for fixing the problem.

Can we get the link of that videos, and which fuse number was it?

Not the link I saw but he did the same

thing I did it’s a

yellow fuse and fuse pulled is on the driver side panel if u need it

• Like 1

Well 5 days at the dealer, still have black screen and radio not working. To top it off I noticed the bezel around the a/c controls and the one above it are scratched on the sides where they pryed to get the trim off. Frustrating. We will see what next week brings now. 

That should be replaced under warranty. They are the ones who damaged it!

Tried the fuse trick with no luck. Just noticed today the hdmi ports below the radio do not work either. Starting to wonder if these are related to the radio black screen problem. Also noticed after startup radio works with black screen but after a minute it cuts out for a second here and there for a couple more minutes then hoed dead. Ground? Back to the dealer on Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 weeks and a new radio, a receiver and a hmi module the Yukon is finally fixed. The hmi was the final part installed that fixed the problem. Like I mentioned in an earlier post we have to go back and have them install a bezel that they scratched during removal. They said due to the GM strike that part will take awhile to get. 

Thanks everyone for your input and the wealth of knowledge here on this website!

• Like 1